Sirloin Steak Recipe Ingredients
Tomato Mushroom Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 blue foot mushrooms, sliced (substitute white mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms)
- 1 cup demi-glace
- 6 sun gold tomatoes, halved (substitute: any yellow cherry tomato)
- 6 sweet 100's tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon whole butter
- 1 Idaho potato
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 red onion, julienned
- A1 Ranch Dressing, recipe follows
- 8 ounces grilled sirloin steak
Tomato mushroom sauce: Saute the garlic and shallots in olive oil until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the corn, mushrooms, and demi-glace and bring to a simmer. Reduce by 1/4. Add tomatoes and remove from heat. Swirl in whole butter and add salt and pepper, to taste.
Tom's Steak Fries: Place potato in salted, cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Drain and cool potato. Quarter and deep-fry until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble dish: Place grilled steak in the center of the dish. Spoon vegetables and sauce over the steak. Top with spinach and onion and drizzle with A1 dressing...enjoy the sirloin steak !